Esri UC 2016 – Call For Papers
You are GIS. Your work matters. From the software developer to the GIS manager, from the forester to the school teacher, we are looking for presentation concepts for the 2016 Esri UC.
The 2016 call for papers covers 60+ session topics highlighting the GIS solutions today and in the future. The user sessions combined with the UC plenary and lightning talk presentations will bring more than 900 speakers together covering more than 260 sessions dedicated to the success and advancement of geospatial technology. As an Esri UC presenter you will gain recognition and exposure to over 16,000 Esri users who represent over 26 unique and diverse fields. Coming together with the common goal of answering today’s challenges with tomorrow’s GIS to create a better world.
[callout title=”Submit Your Paper” button=”Submit” link=”http://events.esri.com/uc/2016/presentations/index.cfm?confid=1″ buttoncolor=”alternative-3″ target=”_blank”]The submission deadline is October 30.[/callout]
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Author/presenter name(s)
- Presentation title (70 characters or less)
- Topic category
- Company name
- Complete address, phone, and fax information
- Brief presenter biography (200 characters or less)
- Abstract (500 characters or less)
Be sure to answer these questions:
- What problem did you solve with GIS? What advantage did GIS give you?
- What types of geospatial analysis did you use? Explain how and why.
- What are your findings or results?
- How can this project be useful for the audience?
Content and formatting
- All papers and presentations must be noncommercial. At no time is it permissible for presenters to use their time slot to advertise or promote a product, service, or company.
- Remember, the information you enter is used for publishing purposes (e.g., online agenda and mobile app); therefore, eliminate bullet points, numbering, or all capital letters; submissions must be in English.
- Do not include information in your abstract that will not be included in your presentation.
- Business partners must have a client as the primary presenter. Any presentation must focus on your client’s success and how Esri software provided a solution.
All accepted presenters must upload their presentation prior to the UC in order to present and be included in the proceedings. The upload deadline is June 1, 2016. If your paper contains sensitive information and you are concerned with sharing certain information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentations are typically 20 minutes or less. This year’s committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available. All authors will be notified after the selection process. A detailed program of presentations and events will be provided prior to the conference. A projector and screen will be provided in the presentation room.