We are looking for a Sales Officer to join our team. As a Sales Officer in Sambus Geospatial, your purpose will be to identify and generate opportunities by leveraging the resources and training provided by Sambus to sell, upsell and cross-sell clients in an assigned vertical.
- Identify sales opportunities and follow the sequence of activities in the Sambus Sales Cycle to achieve annual sales targets.
- Networking and building connections as well as developing new accounts to build a potential sale pipeline.
- Developing a sales document, preparing quotes, and completing sales-related administration tasks.
- Providing outstanding after-sales services to clients and managing client relationships to ensure positive customer satisfaction reviews. Achieve minimum 4-star rating (i.e. 4 out 5) in the assigned vertical.
- Collaborating with the Finance & Operations Unit and the Tech team to ensure products are ordered and delivered within agreed timelines. This involves transferring orders to the Finance & Operations Unit for purchases to be made and ensuring that the Tech team delivers and trains clients on products purchased within the agreed timelines.
- The sales officer would be required to drive repeat sales by checking customer purchase history and cross-selling and/or upselling clients.
- Ensure customer loyalty by generating and suggesting added value services clients end-users within client organizations can get from the products purchased.
- Keep the product knowledge and technical skills up to date by participating in ongoing training, workshop, and career development programs.
- Accept ownership for generating, maintaining, and expanding sales and value-addition services in the assigned vertical.
- Operational reporting and feedback: To produce periodic operational reports to the line manager and provide feedback on market and customer developments that Sambus needs to respond to.
- Client and vertical research to stay up to date of industry developments and trends to build expertise and help serve clients/potential clients better.
- Debt recovery support: Monitor account receivables in assigned industry and collaborate with the product champions in client organization to induce fast payment on receivables. This includes engaging with clients and sharing payment plan options with them to promote fast payment on receivables and reduce bad debts/withholding tax component.
- Minimum University’s Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Geospatial/GIS related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in Geospatial/SaaS/GIS or related industries.
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, soliciting customer requirements and generating solutions for customers and potential.
- Experience in a target driven environment with a demonstrated ability to work to achieve set targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of sales techniques.
- Proactive and innovative with demonstrated ability to identify value-added products and/or services for clients and potential clients.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conference
About Sambus Geospatial
Sambus Geospatial is a Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping company operating in West Africa. We are the sole distributor of ESRI ArcGIS and ENVI software suite and the Authorized Resellers of Trimble Mapping GIS devices and WingtraOne Drones with exclusive representation in Ghana, Nigeria, Gambia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, and Liberia.
We develop applications that integrates technologies and provide a range of geospatial solutions and provide sales, innovation, consultancy, and training in the use of mapping and spatial analytics software for desktop, software as a service (SaaS), and enterprise applications. These products deliver location intelligence and meet digital transformation needs for organizations and individuals.
Sambus Geospatial has gained substantial experience in the development and implementation of socio-economic and environmental related projects and methodologies using GIS. Many sectors in the West African sub-region have benefited immensely from our expertise and technologies through geospatial software installation, project support and capacity building.