We are looking for a Training Officer to join our Team. The Training Officer oversees executing all GIS workflows and training needs for client organizations and their end-users. With the assistance of the team lead and GIS Developer, the Training Officer will implement new workflows that are relevant to market needs and sales requests. Part of this role includes supporting the provision of professional services for client organizations and their end-users.
• Work closely with the technical team lead and other departments to execute projects and software training for client organizations and end-users.
• Developing training schedules based on client requirements.
• Ensure training is delivered in the best possible ways.
• Ensure client satisfaction with training sessions.
• Ensure after-sales value additions to clients and resolve complaints within 48 hours.
• Achieve positive customer support ratings.
• Recommend training module for client workflow.
• Ascertain customers’ needs, promote the relevant products, and demonstrate clearly how the products work.
• Update the training manual with the new technologies.
• Explain complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
• Keep customers informed about new technological products.
• Assist the sales team with modules, prices, and proposals when needed.
• Submit periodic reports on training delivered.
• Evaluation of training services and quality of training services.
• Provide recommendations and improve system design, application technology, and operational performance for customers. Serve as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers on the Sambus solution capabilities.
• Collaborate with the sales/BD teams to support the Sambus business goals and business/technical goals of customers.
• Perform any other job-related roles assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in Geography/Remote Sensing/GIS/Surveying or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years of training in Geospatial Domain.
• Technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the company products work.
• Be proficient in the use of Remote Sensing and GIS software, most especially Esri and NV5 software.
• Extensive GIS systems training knowledge and experience
• Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences.
• Have at least one Esri technical certification or other similar certifications.
• Ability to work with people with different backgrounds.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
• Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
• Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
• Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance
• Knowledge of Remote Sensing and GIS
• Analytical skills.
About Sambus Geospatial
Sambus Geospatial is a Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping company. We are the sole distributor of ESRI, ENVI, Trimble and WINGTRA Drones with exclusive representation in Ghana, Nigeria, Gambia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, and Liberia.
We develop applications that integrates technologies and provide a range of geospatial solutions and provide sales, innovation, consultancy, and training in the use of mapping and spatial analytics software for desktop, software as a service (SaaS), and enterprise applications. These products deliver location intelligence and meet digital transformation needs for organizations. and individuals
Sambus Geospatial has gained substantial experience in the development and implementation of socio-economic and environmental related projects and methodologies using GIS. Many sectors in Ghana and the West African sub-region have benefited immensely from our expertise and technologies through ESRI GIS software installation, project support and capacity building, with the most complete GIS platform – ArcGIS for Mapping, data management, planning and analysis, workforce optimization, and operational awareness and a robust organizational structure