The Deputy Director for Strategy and Business Development role works collaboratively within the corporate level division of the company to oversee the strategic operations and promote the adoption and growth of our geospatial technology and solutions within the region through the local Sales and Business Development teams. We invite you to use your strategic business development and partner management experience to increase revenue, drive Sambus’ presence within our region and help the company achieve its objectives as well as fulfil the expectations of its Alliance partners
A. Strategic Management + Business Performance Monitoring/Reporting
- Work with the MD/Corporate team to develop and drive the overall company vision & strategy for the year
- Work with MD/Corporate team/GMs to set the overall company target, decide and agree on the local teams KPI breakdown and objectives for the year.
- Work with the local office GMs to identify strategic opportunities and threats that could impact Sambus and devise strategies to respond to them.
B. Stakeholder/Alliance Management & Relationship Development
- Understand the different expectations of the Alliance Partners, translate this understanding to the local teams and work with Corporate team to develop strategies & plan to meet these objectives/expectations.
- Develop new key partnerships and strategic alliances with external organizations to help further the competitive advantage of Sambus.
- Familiarity with the OEM products and concepts; keep up with change.
C. Sales & Business Development
- Work with GM/teams to achieve the desired revenue target of the overall Sambus Geospatial group.
- Work with teams to drive campaigns that boost brand and product awareness, customer engagement and experience, revenue growth.
- Through the GMs/teams; supervise the activities of Esri Business Partners & Sambus Resellers across the region
- As needed, develop frameworks/policies/documentations that is needed to aid selling strategies with external parties to boost traction
- Work with teams to use research report to develop new strategies/plans to carry out business tactics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Masters qualification is an advantage.
- 7+ years’ work experience in a management role or corporate setting within the geospatial (or broader software tech) industry.
- Experience in high-level sales and business development activities, managing teams and interpreting revenue forecasts and pipeline, building, and managing client relationships and a demonstrated understanding of the sales process.
- Outstanding negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to successfully navigate crucial conversations.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, lead and influence, and effectively achieve results through people at all levels of the organization.
- Basic understanding of the GIS & geospatial industry is essential.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Hands-on experience developing and/or contributing to strategy development, strategy planning, formulation and execution.
- High-level networking and stakeholder management experience.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of project management techniques. Any Project Management certification would be an advantage.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, courses and conferences.
- Ability and availability to travel within West Africa on short notice and occasionally externally.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more key industries: national government, land administration, natural resources, transportation, utilities (electric, gas, telco)
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group.
- Awareness of marketing tactics and strategies.
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business.
- Understanding of the French language will be an advantage
About Sambus Geospatial
Sambus Geospatial is a Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping company operating in West Africa. We are the sole distributor of ESRI ArcGIS and ENVI software suite and the Authorized Resellers of Trimble Mapping GIS devices and WingtraOne Drones with exclusive representation in Ghana, Nigeria, Gambia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, and Liberia.
We develop applications that integrates technologies and provide a range of geospatial solutions and provide sales, innovation, consultancy, and training in the use of mapping and spatial analytics software for desktop, software as a service (SaaS), and enterprise applications. These products deliver location intelligence and meet digital transformation needs for organizations and individuals.
Sambus Geospatial has gained substantial experience in the development and implementation of socio-economic and environmental related projects and methodologies using GIS. Many sectors in the West African sub-region have benefited immensely from our expertise and technologies through geospatial software installation, project support and capacity building.
What we offer
Sambus Geospatial is a growing organization and takes pride in our culture of Commitment, Honesty, Respect, Integrity, Service and Trust. We recognize the value people bring and believing in creating a balanced and flexible work/life environment and invest in the learning and development of an individual’s career.
We offer a competitive remuneration for our employees and strive to create a great work environment.