Brief on the Young Scholar Awards Program
The Esri Young Scholars Award program was launched in 2012 to recognize the exemplary work in geospatial sciences of undergraduate and graduate students at universities around the world. It is offered by Esri in cooperation with its international distributors. Nominees finalized by Sambus Geospatial undergo a selection procedure which requires a full overview of the candidates work.
Demonstrate how you leveraged GIS in your research innovatively by endeavoring to join the young scholar awards competition.
- Applicant must be under 30 years of age
- Applicant must have completed their undergraduate (BSc.) or graduate program (MSc. or MPhil.) which is related to the geospatial field, from a recognized college or university in any of our operational regions.
- Project work must be socially relevant or technically innovative
- Project work or Thesis should have been completed using the ArcGIS suite of software.
- Export your final year project or thesis in PDF format.
- Generate a map package for your ArcGIS project.
- Complete the online form on our YSA Landing page and upload thesis Document. You may include other relevant links to your project, listed in one Word(docs.) document.
- When shortlisted, our team would contact and guide you to submit your map package.
- A trip to San Diego (USA)
- A free Entry to the 2023 Esri UC where his or her project would be showcased and winners would be acknowledged personally by Jack Dangermond (Founder & President of Esri)
- An ArcGIS for Personal Use license valid for 1 year (12-months)
The scheduled date for submissions falls on the March 3, 2023.
Submissions attempted beyond this date would be unsuccessful as the portal would be closed until the next call for projects.